Tuesday 24 May 2011

Top 10 Eyeliners


I, like many of you, have a lot of eyeliners in my make up collection but there are a handful of eyeliners that I go back to time and time again! Here are my top 10 eyeliner's swatched for you on NW20 skin -
(L to R) MAC Macroviolet, Bobbi Brown Black Ink, Benefit Bad Gal, Rimmel Flash Black, Loreal Carbon Gloss

(L to R) Stila Topaz, Urban Decay Ransom, Urban Decay, Covet, MAC Smoulder, Urban Decay Zero

MAC Fluidline in Macroviolet: This is a gorgeous deep purple colour and is great as a change from black eyeliner. It also makes a great base under purple eyeshadows.
Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Liner in Black Ink: This is the only black gel liner that I own and I love it. It glides on and is true rick black.
Benefit Bad Gal Eye Pencil: This pencil is really chunky so I use it to darken the outer V area of my lid and also as a base for a dark smokey eye.
Rimmel Flash Eyeliner in Flash Black: This is a really easy 'idiot proof' eyeliner! The felt tip-like nib is brilliant to use and the colour is not heavily pigmented so mistakes can be easily covered!
Loreal Superliner in Carbon Gloss: This liner is similar to the Rimmel liner but is a much richer black.
Stila Kajal Eye Liner in Topaz: This flesh toned liner is great to use on your lower water line as it really opens up your eyes and is much more flattering to use than a white liner.
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Eye Pencil in Ransom: I am a big fan of purple and of this eyeliner! It is a similar shade to the UD Ransom eyeshadow so fans of that will love this!
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Eye Pencil in Covet: This is the most amazing peacock green colour that I love to use on my lower lash line when wearing a neutral eye look as it really makes my brown eyes pop!
MAC Smoulder Eye Kohl: This is probably my most used eyeliner. I have read reviews that say that it doesn't stay very well on the waterline but I haven't found this. If you do, set it with a black eyeshadow such as MAC's Carbon.
Urban Decay 27/7 Glide on Eye Pencil in Zero: I use this eyeliner interchangably with Smoulder. It's a classic black eyeliner that glides on and is easy to smudge.

I hope you have found this useful!

Maz x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...