Wednesday, 25 May 2011
Coconut & Cherry Cupcakes
I've been baking again and I thought I'd share my latest cakes with you all! These are Cherry and Coconut Cupcakes which are super easy to make!
125g/4 1/2oz softened butter
125g/4 1/2oz Caster Sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp Vanilla extract
125g/ 4 1/2g Self raising flour
2 tbsp Milk
85g/ 3oz Desiccated Coconut
115g/ 4oz Quartered Glace Cherries for the filling
6-12 Glace Cherries to decorate
Icing Sugar - No exact amount! Just to taste!
1. Pre heat oven to 180c/ 350f/ Gas mark 4. Put 12 cupcake cases into a bun tray.
2. Put the butter and sugar together in a bowl and whisk until light and fluffy.
3. Add the eggs a little at a time and then beat in the vanilla.
4. Sift in half of the flour and mix then stir in the milk before adding the remaining flour.
5. Fold in the coconut and cherries.
6. Spoon the mixture evenly into the cake cases.
7. Bake the cakes for 15 - 20 minutes until golden brown.
8. When the cakes have cooled mix the icing sugar with some water in a bowl to form a thick paste and spoon onto each cake, finally top each one with a cherry!
Give them a go!