Wednesday 25 May 2011

MAC Lip Pencils

Hi Everyone!
I am a big fan of lipsticks and not as keen on lip glosses (mainly because I hate it when my hair gets stuck in it)! I find that your lipstick appears much cleaner and richer and stays in place longer if you first apply a lip pencil. I begin by lining the lip line and then fill in the entire lip which creates a great base for the lipstick and prevents the unwanted and obvious line around the edge of your lips! Lip pencil's can also prevent darker colours from 'bleeding'.

So here are the swatches of the MAC Lip Pencils that I own followed by their official descriptions and the MAC Lipsticks that I like to pair them with. (Swatches shown on NW15 skin).


(L to R) Subculture, Oak, Stripdown, Spice, Plum



(L to R) Dervish, Magenta, Beet, Chicory, Cherry, Redd


Subculture: Underground pink - with - Marquise'd, Freckletone
Oak: Soft beige-brown - with - Creme de Nude, Blankety
Stripdown: Naked nutmeg - with - Fresh Brew, Myth
Spice: Pink cinnamon stick - with - Viva Glam 5, On Hold
Plum: Potent reddened plum - with - Plumful
Dervish: Low key mauve - with - Fabby, Bombshell, Syrup, Please Me, Angel, Creme Cup, Pink Nouveau
Magenta: Vivid pinkish-purple - with - Milan Mode, Troublemaker
Beet: Vivid reddish-pink - with - Viva Glam Cyndi, Plum Dandy
Chicory: Soft muted peachy-brown - with - Barcelona Red, Ravishing
Cherry: Vivid bright blueish-red - with - Girl About Town
Redd: Bright true red - with - Lady Bug

I hope that this post has been helpful to you all! I know pairing lipsticks with suitable lip liners can be tricky!
Maz x

2 comments:

  1. Thank you , that helped

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been looking for a nice color swatch of Oak- perfect!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...