Sunday 29 May 2011

DIY Manicure


Hi Guys!
I thought it would be fun to share how I manicure and paint my nails with you! I will take you through the process step by step and recommend my favourite tools and products, I hope this will be helpful!
So let's get started!

  1. Begin by removing any traces of nail varnish from your nails using your favourite remover and some cotton wool pads, I am currently using Cutex Strengthening Nail Polish Remover. This leaves a clean, oil free nail base to begin your manicure with.
  2. Next, clip your nails to size using nail clippers (I find these much better to use than nail scissors).
  3. Now file your nails in your preferred shape, remember not to saw back and forth across your nail tips as this can weaken the nail, always file in one direction. After this use a buffer across the entire nail to smooth out and shine up the nail surface. If, when carrying out this step, you see nail dust falling from your nails you are buffing too hard!
  4. After this I soak my nails in a bowl of warm water for around 5 minutes to soften the cuticles.
  5. Next massage a cuticle remover into your nails in a soft, circular motion. My favourite is the Leighton Denny Remove & Rectify which is, by far, the best cuticle remover I have ever tried. Leave this on your nails for around 2-3 minutes then use a hoof stick, I use the Leighton Denny Hoof Stick to gently push back my cuticles. I then give my hands a wash to remove any remaining cuticle remover.
  6. Now apply your chosen base coat, I like the Seche Base and OPI Base Coat. Allow this to dry.
  7. Apply 2-3 coats of your favourite nail polish allowing at least 5 minutes drying time in between layers.The easiest way to apply nail lacquer is to place the brush about 4mm from your cuticle down the centre line of your nail and then push towards the cuticle then away towards the nail tip then stroke the brush down both sides of the nail.
  8. Next apply a layer of top coat, my favourite is Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat.
  9. Finally, when my nails are thoroughly dry I like to apply a small amount of OPI Avoplex Oil to the nails and cuticles and you are done!
Happy nail painting!
Maz x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...