Thursday 26 May 2011

Shopping at the Trafford Centre!

Hi Everyone!
I've been shopping at the Trafford Centre today. For those of you outside the UK who don't know the centre it is a massive shopping centre just outside of Manchester City centre that is full of amazing stores and places to eat!
I bought a handful of cosmetic- related items and thought that I would share them with you all!

 (L to R) Purity, Involve, Force
I have never tried any products from Illamasqua before and I went over to the counter intending to buy one nail polish and ended up leaving with two and an eyeshadow pigment! The girl who served me was so friendly and could have very easily persuaded me to buy every product on the stand! I chose Purity nail polish which is a gorgeous creamy peach colour and Force which is a beautiful cornflower blue/ purple (It looks much brighter on the photo than it does in real life)! I am not a big fan of sheer polishes and the girl actually applied both of these colours onto her own nails to prove to me that they are both fully opaque, which they where even after just the one coat. I was then persuaded to try one of their pigments so I chose Involve which is a stunning shimmery purple and right up my street. I can't wait to try these products and will post my findings as soon as I do.

(L to R) Sparrow me the Drama, Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream, Steady as she Rose
So no shopping trip for me would be complete without at least one OPI nail polish! I purchased Sparrow me the Drama which is a medium rosy pink and Steady as she Rose which is a pale pinky-lilac both of which are from the new OPI Pirates of the Caribbean - On Stranger Tides collection. They both look gorgeous and ideal for summer. I also picked up a pot of Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream which I have wanted to try for ages as my thumb nail cuticles are really dry and rough. I haven't used it yet but it smells very strongly of lemon and it's consistency is slightly harder than Vaseline, fingers (or thumbs in this case) crossed that it works!

 Pop in the Bath

The Comforter
Finally I called in to Lush and picked up two of their bubble bars. I always get The Comforter bar as it's my favourite! It smells of blackcurrant sweets and turns your bath water hot pink! I love Lush's bubble bars because they create so many bubbles and leave your skin silky soft. I also purchased Pop in the Bath which is apparently inspired by Mary Poppins and as my name is Mary I thought that was a sign! I have never tried this one before but I'm sure it'll be good! It smells of lemon and mandarin, lovely!
So I felt I was very restrained with my purchases today which makes a change! Although it is my birthday soon so I'm sure I'll rectify that then!
Maz x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...