Monday 23 May 2011

Highlighters


Here are the swatches for the highlighters that I own with their official descriptions below. I apologise for the poor swatches but highlighters are really difficult to photograph! Swatches shown on NW20 skin.

MAC Pearl Cream Colour Base, MAC Shell Cream Colour Base, NARS Copacabana Multiple


NARS Albatross Highlighting Powder, MAC Truth & Light Powder, MAC Silver Dusk Powder, MAC Trace Gold Blush

MAC Pearl Cream Colour Base - Soft pale gold with icy shimmer (Frost).
MAC Shell Cream Colour Base - Soft muted pinkish-beige with icy shimmer (Frost).
NARS Copacabana Multiple - Glistening pearl.
NARS Albatross Highlighting Blush Powder - Soft shimmering colour.
MAC Truth & Light Magically Cool Liquid Powder - Sheer shimmer that reflects silver and pink.
MAC Silver Dusk Iridescent Loose Powder - Muted pinky beige with silver shimmer.
MAC Trace Gold Blush - Fairylight gold with shimmer (Sheertone shimmer).

Please not that the top 3 swatches are cream- based highlighters and the bottom 4 swatches are powder- based highlighters.
I think that we all love to use highlighters as they give a beautiful fresh glow to the face. I use the above products to highlight my cheekbones and the centre of my nose. I usually use an eyeshadow such as MAC'S Brule or Shroom to highlight my brown bone and blend out my eyeshadows.
I find that it is a great idea to tap one of the cream highlighters onto your skin using your fingers and then seal this with one of the powder's using a brush such as the Sigma F15 or the Sigma F55.
I think that the MAC Pearl Cream Colour Base and the NARS Copacabana Multiple go really well with the MAC Silver Dusk Powder and the NARS Albatross powder. These products are really bright and more silver- based and I tend to use them more during the day time.
The MAC Shell Cream Colour Base goes well with MAC Trace Gold Blush and MAC Truth and Light Powder as these colours are warmer and more gold- based than the above. These work great if you have a tan or for a night out!

I hope that you have found this post helpful. Please feel free to comment below with any of your good highlighter suggestions!
Maz x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...