Friday 27 May 2011

MAC Paint Pots

Hi Everyone!
I am a big fan of MAC's Paint pots. Paint pots are cream eyeshadows that can be used alone or as an eyeshadow or pigment base. They can really bring out the colour of the shadows and give the pigments something to adhere to.
Here is my collection of paint pots along with their official descriptions. (Swatches shown on NW15 skin)
(L to R) Painterly, Bare Study, Fresco Rose, Artifact

(L to R) Rubenesque, Indianwood, Groundwork, Constructivist, Blackground

Painterly: Nude beige - this is my 'go to' pot and works well under any eyeshadow or pigment.
Bare Study: Soft beige with gold pearl - I use this as it gives an extra bit of shimmer to a shadow.
Fresco Rose: Pink with matching pearl - I use this a lot under shadows such as Swish and Pink Freeze as it really makes the pink stand out.
Artifact: Dark burgundy with red pearlized pigments - This is so great under Cranberry eyeshadow or Heritage Rouge pigment. I also love to put it under purple shadows as it really makes them pop.
Rubenesque: Golden peach with gold pearl. - This is my most used paint pot and is especially great under Woodwinked eyeshadow and Tan pigment.
Indianwood: Metallic antique bronze - This is a stunning colour but is harder to work with than Rubenesque as the formula seems a little drier.
Groundwork: Mid tone neutral taupe - I bought this pot to pair with mid-toned browns but I am a little disappointed with it's dry texture.
Constructivist: Metallic dark brown - This is gorgeous under brown shadows and has quite a creamy formula.
Blackground: Frosted smoky black grey with multi coloured pearl - I purchased this to help me create deep, dark smokey eyes, it looks amazing when paired with Violet pigment.

Please note that some of the paint pots listed above have been discontinued and are no longer in the main line but may be available to buy in future collections or at your local CCO store.
Maz x
P.S Please bring out a purple paint pot MAC!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...