I decided to make something savory today for a change! Lorraine Pascale is one of my favourite TV chefs and after seeing her make this easy bread recipe on her show I had to give it a go! It is a gorgeous Ham, Cheese and Chive bread that is perfect with soup for these cold winter evenings!
(I omitted the ham and it was still super tasty!)
425g Self Raising Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
160g Mature Cheddar
6 Slices of Honey Roast Ham, chopped finely
1/2 Bunch Chives, chopped finely
1 tsp Paprika
Twist of Black Pepper
1 tsp Mustard Powder
1. Pre heat oven to 200C and line a baking tray.
2. Add all of the ingredients into a large bowl (Only add 150g of the cheese to the mixture at this stage, 10g is reserved for sprinkling over the top before baking).
3. Stir the ingredients together until a dough is formed.
4. Form the dough into a ball and shape into a rough, round loaf shape.
5. Place the dough on the baking tray and slash the top with a sharp knife 3 times and sprinkle 10g of the cheese over the top.
Freshly baked bread tastes and smells amazing and this is the perfect recipe if you are limited with time. I would definitely make this bread again!
I hope that you have enjoyed this post and will maybe give it a go!
I found this recipe on the Celebrity Kitchen website.