Monday 14 November 2011

Lorraine Pascale's 21st Century Bread


Hi Everyone!
I decided to make something savory today for a change! Lorraine Pascale is one of my favourite TV chefs and after seeing her make this easy bread recipe on her show I had to give it a go! It is a gorgeous Ham, Cheese and Chive bread that is perfect with soup for these cold winter evenings!
(I omitted the ham and it was still super tasty!)

INGREDIENTS:
425g Self Raising Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
160g Mature Cheddar
6 Slices of Honey Roast Ham, chopped finely
1/2 Bunch Chives, chopped finely
1 tsp Paprika
Twist of Black Pepper
1 tsp Mustard Powder
200ml Water

METHOD:
1. Pre heat oven to 200C and line a baking tray.
2. Add all of the ingredients into a large bowl (Only add 150g of the cheese to the mixture at this stage, 10g is reserved for sprinkling over the top before baking).
3. Stir the ingredients together until a dough is formed.
4. Form the dough into a ball and shape into a rough, round loaf shape.
5. Place the dough on the baking tray and slash the top with a sharp knife 3 times and sprinkle 10g of the cheese over the top.
6. Bake for 35 - 45 minutes.

Freshly baked bread tastes and smells amazing and this is the perfect recipe if you are limited with time. I would definitely make this bread again!
I hope that you have enjoyed this post and will maybe give it a go!

I found this recipe on the Celebrity Kitchen website.
Maz x

8 comments:

  1. Hello,
    I have done this bread and it is delicious. Although I have a problem: my bread is brittle, it crumbles. I am new to baking and i have no idea what could cause it. Any advice, please :-)
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sometimes find I need to use more than 200ml of water. Made this about an hour ago and used about 250ml

    Aine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeh if the bread doesn't contain yeast it will be more crumbly, add extra water!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi , I completely agree this needs some binding agent. water or some milk. just put it in oven now waiting for result...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks the 250ml worked perfectly for me. It's the first time ever tried it and fab results.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know we all have our own ways of doing things and I have made this loaf four times now. The first time I thought the mix was too dry and added water; the loaf was a bit "solid". This last time I stuck right to the recipe but!!! I worked the dough until it took up all the dry ingredients; it took a little longer but the result was surprisingly light and fluffy. I served it with home-made soup and got a superb reaction. Just thought I'd drop this in as a thought from a mere man! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have made this bread loads of times family and workmates love it. One of my friends is a vegetarian so replaced the ham with 6 chopped sun dried tomatoes. Delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This bread tastes great + so easy to make steve

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...