Thursday 10 November 2011

Yankee Candles


Hi Everyone!
I have always loved to have scented candles in my bedroom and around the house as I love the warm atmosphere and gorgeous scents that they fill your house with. I have obviously heard of Yankee Candles as they are probably the most famous candle brand here in the UK but due to their rather high price tag I have resisted buying them! Well I appear to have reached the stage where I can resist no more so I order 2 of their small jars to see what they are like! Here are the names of the candles that I chose with their descriptions:

Christmas Cookie: "Buttery rich, vanilla scented, holiday cookies."
Strawberry Buttercream: "Plump, sweet strawberries buried in rich whipped cream."

Despite the fairly small size (3.7oz) I think that these candles will last quite a while. The Strawberry Buttercream is gorgeous and you can definitely pick up the sweet scent of the strawberry's but it isn't too sickly or overpowering due to the contrasting scent of the buttercream. The Christmas Cookie is definitely my favourite of the two fragrances, it has the most gorgeous rich, creamy vanilla smell that I would never get sick off, I think this one may need repurchasing in a bigger size!

I really like these candles and you can certainly tell that they are good quality, the candles smell exactly how they are described by the company which I have found is not always the case with some cheaper candles that I have previously purchased. The entire Yankee candle range looks great and I would really like to try out a few more from the range including Christmas Cupcake, Creamy Caramel and Vanilla Cupcake. Please let me know if you have tried any of these and if you would recommend them!
I purchased my candles from Yankee Direct. The Christmas Cookie candle was £5.99 and the Strawberry Buttercream Candle was £7.49.
If you have any other candle recommendations please feel free to share them with me in the comments section below.
Maz x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...