Wednesday 16 November 2011

Orly Fowl Play - Review & Swatches


Hi Everyone!
Today I applied the newest addition to my nail polish collection, Orly's Fowl Play from their Birds of a Feather Collection for Fall/ Autumn 2011. Fowl Play has a dark purple, jelly base and is packed full of red and green duochrome flakes and blue and silver micro glitter.
First I applied 2 coats of OPI Matte Nail Envy as my base followed by 2 coats of Fowl Play. The lacquer consistency is quite thick and gloopy and not the easiest polish to apply. The first coat was pretty uneven and streaky. The second coat of the polish really evened things out and left a beautiful finish. I finished my applying a coat of Seche Vite Fast Drying Top Coat.


This polish is beautiful and perfect for a Christmas night out. Polishes with a jelly base and flecks of colour seem to be really popular at the moment and are a great alternative to glitter polishes.
I purchased my bottle from Beauty Bay for £6.95. If you have purchased any of the other polishes from the Birds of a Feather Collection please let me know what you think of them in the comments section below!
Maz x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...