Saturday 19 November 2011

Boots 17 Magnetized Nail Polish - Review & Swatch

Hi Everyone!
A couple of week's ago I review one of the new Nails Inc Magnetic Nail Polish (click to here read it) and I absolutely loved it but they are quite pricey (around £13 here in the UK) so when I found out that the Boots 17 brand offered a more affordable option I jumped at the chance! The Boots polishes are available in 4 different colours: teal, gun metal, blue and purple and are priced at £5.99 each which is great! The packaging is very similar to the Nails Inc polishes, as you can see from the pictures below, and they are applied in the same way. I picked up one of the 17 polishes in Teal.



I began by applying 2 coats of OPI Matte Nail Envy as my base followed by one, fairly thin coat of the 17 Magnetized polish. I allowed the first coat to dry fully then applied a thick second coat. It is important to carry out this stage nail by nail as you do not want the polish to dry before you have used the magnet on it. After applying the second coat to the nail line the magnetic up over you nail, making sure not to touch the nail and hold steady for around 10 seconds for the pattern to form. I gave my nails as long as I could to dry before applying a coat of OPI Rapi Dry Top Coat.


How pretty are they?! I am so impressed with this polish, they applied so easily and smoothly and dried really quickly. They are, in my opinion, just as good as the Nails Inc polishes and half the price!
You can purchase the 17 Magnetic Polish online from Boots and from Boots stores, however, I have noticed that they only seem to be available at larger stores at the moment.
Maz x

1 comment:

  1. I love magnetic nail polish. That color is so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...