Another cookies recipe yet again! I really love to make them and today's batch are for one of my friends, I am going round to her house tonight for tea so I thought that they'd make a great snack for us! Here's what you need to make them followed by the method.
100g Plain Flour
1/4 tsp Salt
1/4 Bicarbonate of Soda
1/4 Baking Powder
125g Unsalted Butter
175g Soft Brown Sugar
25g Caster Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
50g Chopped Mixed Nuts
100g Porridge Oats
50g Milk Chocolate Chips
1. Pre heat oven to 180C/ Gas Mark 4 and line a 2 baking sheets with non stick baking paper.
2. Sift the flour into a bowl with the salt, bicarbonate of soda and baking powder and put to one side.
3. Cream the sugars, butter, vanilla and egg together in a bowl using an electric whisk.
4. Stir the flour mixture into the wet mixture until the flour is well combined.
5. Now stir in the oats, chocolate chips and nuts.
6. Place tablespoon fulls of the mixture well spaced out onto the baking sheets. You can make 12-18 cookies with this mixture, then flatten them slightly.
7. Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes until golden brown.
8. Remove from the oven and allow them to cool on the sheets for 5 minutes then transfer them to a wire rack to cool fully.
I found this recipe on the BBC Good Food website but I changed it slightly. Give them a try they are delicious!