I have been busy baking today and decided to make these white and dark chocolate cupcakes. They are made up from a dark chocolate sponge with a white chocolate frosting. Here's how to make them:
100g Self Raising Flour
20g Cocoa Powder
145g Golden Caster Sugar
120ml Whole Milk
1 Large Egg
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 tsp Instant Coffee dissolved in 1 tsp Hot Water
280g Icing Sugar
200g White Chocolate, melted and cooled
1. Preheat oven to 180C/ Gas Mark 4 and place 12 cupcake cases in a cupcake tin.
2. Place the flour, cocoa powder, sugar and butter into a food processor and blitz on a slow speed for 1 minute until you have a sandy consistency.
3. Gradually pour in half of the milk and beat until just incorporated.
4. In a separate bowl whisk the remaining milk, egg, vanilla and coffee together.
5. Beat the two mixtures together until smooth.
6. Divide the mixture up between the 12 cases and bake for 20 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
8. To make the frosting tip the butter and icing sugar into the food processor and beat until combined.
9. Remove this mixture from the mixer into a large bowl and fold in the cooled, melted chocolate.
10. Pipe or spoon the frosting onto each cupcake and decorate (I used milk chocolate buttons).
These cakes are gorgeous, light and so chocolatey! The addition of the coffee into the mix really brings out the flavour of the chocolate in the sponge and the white chocolate frosting is so tasty! Give them a go!
I found this recipe on the Good Food Channel website.