Monday 21 November 2011

Too Faced Romantic Eye Palette - Review & Swatches


Hi Everyone!
I have just received the Too Faced Romantic Eye palette through the post and it is a palette that I have wanted for a while now and I finally gave in and ordered it! This is the first eyeshadow palette that I have tried from Too Faced but I am a big fan of there Shadow Insurance and bronzer's so I thought that I'd give this a go as the colours appeal to me so much. The palette is made from strong cardboard with a really pretty floral design, the lid features a magnetic, snap shut closure. The palette comes with 9 eyeshadows and 3 tutorial cards.

Tutorial Cards

Soulmates: Shimmering Nectar: This shade would make a great brow highlight colour, it is quite shimmery so I would pair it with matte shades on the lid.
Kiss the Bride: Pink Petal: This is a beautiful pale pink colour that you could also use as a brow highlight but would also look great all over the lid.
Bouquet Toss: Baby's Breath: This is a matte cream colour and is great for highlighting the brow bone and inner eye area.
I Do: Smokey Taupe: This is a basic, medium taupe colour which would look lovely all over the lid for a day-time look or would be a great colour to use to blend out a dark shadow in the crease.
Cut the Cake: Heathered Mist: This is a very dark chocolate shade which is great for darkening up the outer corner of your lid and could also double up as eyeliner.
Honeymoon: Gilded Fern: This is such a pretty colour, it is a mid-tone grey/ purple colour that would look great paired with purples and browns.
Unveil: Smouldering Coal: This is a really rich, dark eggplant shade that reminds me of MAC's Shadowy Lady eyeshadow.
First Dance: Midnight Orchid: This is a stunning, highly pigmented, shimmery gold colour and is my favourite in the palette. It would look amazing as an all over lid colour and would also look great along the lower lashline with a neutral lid for a pop of colour.
Ever After: Spicy Chocolate: This is a deep bronze shade that would make a great lid or crease colour.

Swatches shown on NW20 skin:

(L to R) Soulmates, Kiss the Bride, Bouquet Toss

(L to R) I Do, Un-Veil, Cut the Cake, First Dance, Honeymoon, Ever After

I am so impressed with this palette, I think it is amazing. I love the colour selection as it is right up my street. The tutorial cards that come with the palette offer 3 pretty basic looks which would be great for a beginner starting out with make up but there are a lot of possibilities with this palette. All of the colours are really nicely pigmented and the majority are matte which I like. All 9 shades work really well together and apply and blend out wonderfully. I will definitely have to check out Too Faced's other eyeshadow palettes and add them to my Christmas wish list!
I purchased my palette from for £23.50. You can also purchase it from Too Faced Online for $36.
Maz x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...