Friday 27 May 2011

MAC Starter Kit


Hi Everyone!
I decided to put a MAC starter kit together for those of you who are interesting in getting into MAC but aren't sure which products to go for first! I'd like to just say that this is my personal opinion and I am not saying that you should go out and get all of these products straight away! This is just a suggestion about which products I would advise you to go for first!
Starter kit -
  • 217 and 239 Brushes
  • Mineralize Skin Finish Natural
  • Painterly Paint Pot
  • Brule, Woodwinked and Mulch Eyeshadows
  • Tan Pigment
  • Well Dressed or Plum Foolery Blush
  • Angel or Viva Glam V Lipstick
  • Sugarrimmed Dazzleglass
BRUSHES
OK, MAC brushes are AMAZING! They are top quality and wash really well. People say that good brushes do the work for you and I totally believe that. My make up wouldn't look half as good if it wasn't for my brushes! The first MAC brushes that I would advise purchasing are the 217 and 239. The 217 is a stiff, domed blending brush that is brilliant for applying colour in the crease and blending it out, I feel that there is no other brush out there anywhere near as good as it! The 239 is a stiff shadow brush which is ideal for packing colour onto the lid. MAC brushes are expensive but they are an investment and if you take care of them they should last you a long time.
FACE POWDER
I highly recommend the MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural. The quality of this powder is amazing and can be used to fix your foundation. This is an expensive product (around £18.50 in the UK) but this is the only face product that I have included in the kit. I don't use MAC foundations and I feel that Bobbi Brown offers better concealers.
PAINT POT
Paint pots are cream eyeshadows that make a great eyeshadow base. Painterly is a flesh toned colour and is ideal as your first paint pot as it will go well under any eyeshadow colour. I love to use paint pots as they can really make your eyeshadow colour's pop and stay in place all day, they also give eyeshadow pigments something to adhere to.
EYESHADOWS
MAC sells a large range of eyeshadows with different finishes. I have included Brule in the kit as it is flesh toned and makes an ideal brow and inner corner highlighter. Woodwinked is a gorgeous bronze shade that is perfect as an all over lid colour and also looks amazing smudged along the lower lash line. Mulch is a deep brown shade which is perfect as a darker crease colour but isn't too dark to be an all over lid colour. These 3 shadows work really well together and will create a lovely bronzey- brown smokey eye.
PIGMENTS
I love MAC's pigments and they are much easier to apply than they look! Tan is the most beautiful pinky - bronze shade and is my favourite. The 239 is an ideal brush to apply this with in a patting potion. The pigment will also adhere really well to a paint pot such as Painterly. One pot costs £15 in the UK which is quite pricey but it will last you a long time!
BLUSH
Blushes are another thing that MAC does really well. I included Well Dressed in this kit as it gives you the classic sheer girly pink flush and Plum Foolery as it suits most skin tones and is a great colour to try if you are just starting out with blush.
LIPSTICK
MAC also offers a large range of lipsticks in many different colours and finishes. Angel is a beautiful flattering pink and Viva Glam V is more suitable if you want a more subtle, neutral look (don't forget that the full RRP price, less the VAT, from all Viva Glam purchases goes to people affected by HIV and Aids).
DAZZLEGLASS
Dazzleglass's are a product that are so unique to MAC. They are a lipgloss which are full of sparkle! Sugarrimed is a pale pink shade that looks great when worn alone or over a lipstick such as Angel to give you that extra bit of dazzle!
So that is my MAC starter kit. Other products that would recommend are the 224 brush which is great for apply sheer crease colour and blending eyeshadows, Dervish and Stripdown lip pencils and the Fix + spray which I apply to my face once I have finished my makeup to keep it in place all day.
I hope you enjoyed this post and found it useful!
Maz x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...