Tuesday 31 May 2011

May Favourites


Hi Everyone!
Welcome to my favourites post for May 2011. I am going to try and post an article at the end of each month telling you all about the products that I have used and enjoyed the most over the last month. I will list each product along with a mini review! I have also included some swatches at the end of the post for you!!
So let's begin!

Pink Nail Polishes: I have been on a real pink nail polish kick recently and I especially love Essie Pansy, Orly Fancy Fuchsia and OPI La Paz-itively Hot! Despite it being summer here in the UK the weather isn't too great so hot pink polishes really cheer me up!
Vera Wang Princess: Princess is one of my very favourite perfumes. It has the most amazing, distinctive smell and I would highly recommend having a spray of it next time you see it in stores!
Vaseline Hand and Nail Cream: I use this hand moisturiser every night and it has done an amazing job. It kept my hands soft all through a very harsh winter looking after my horse and it is super affordable!
NARS Laguna Bronzer: As summer is approaching I am increasing the old bronzer application! Laguna has always been my favourite bronzer and is the only one I ever use despite having a couple of others in my collection! It is an ideal colour for my skin (NW20) and doesn't have to much shimmer!
MAC Blush in Harmony: I use this blush as a cheekbone contouring shade. I apply it with my MAC 109 brush and it gives an amazing effect with very little effort!
Urban Decay 24/7 Eye Liner in Covet: This is a beautiful teal colour liner that just glides onto your skin. I love to use it on my lower lashline with a neutral eye lid colour to make my eyes pop.
MAC Naked Lunch Eyeshadow: I have been reaching for Naked Lunch as my brow highlight a lot recently, it gives a little bit of shimmer without it being too much and I think it looks great paired with pink and purple eye looks.
Loreal True Match Foundation: I am in love with this foundation and I have a feeling that it will appear on several favourite lists in the future! It applies and blends just as well as other, much more expensive, foundations that I have previously tried.
MAC Lipstick in Milan Mode: Milan Mode is a hot pink lipstick that I think is ideal for a night out in summer and is much more wearable that hotter pink lipsticks such as Girl About Town. I love to pair it with a smokey purple eyeshadow look.
Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeshadow Pencil in Morphine: This is the first of the 24/7 eyeshadow pencil's that I have tried and I love it! It applies and blends so smoothly and evenly and, in my opinion, has a better consistency that the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils. Morphine is a beautiful lavender shade and looked great when I applied a layer of it under Urban Decay Hot Pants Eyeshadow.
Marks & Spencer Body Polish in Coconut: I purchased this product after seeing a great review of it in Look Magazine. I have been using it in place of my Body Shop Coconut Body Scrub and it is a much cheaper alternative! It leaves my skin silky soft and smells great.
My Blog!: I thought that I would add this one in at the end! I have been writing my blog for a little over 2 weeks now and I love it! It is keeping my mind occupied and keeping my entertained! Long may it last!
Here come the swatches!
(L to R) NARS Laguna Bronzer, MAC Harmony Blush, Urban Decay 24/7 Liner in Covet, MAC Naked Lunch Eyeshadow, MAC Milan Mode Lipstick, Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeshadow Pencil in Morphine

Maz x

1 comment:

  1. Have you ever thought about including a little
    bit more than just your articles? I mean, what you say is fundamental and
    everything. Nevertheless think of if you added some great photos or
    video clips to give your posts more, "pop"! Your content is excellent but with images and video clips, this site could undeniably be one of the very best in its field. Very good blog!
    My page :: cosmetics

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...