Friday 20 May 2011

My Top 10 OPI Nail Polishes

(L to R) La Paz-itively Hot, Do you Lilac It?, Purple With a Purpose, Let Me Entertain You, Big Apple Red
(L to R) Meet Me On the Star Ferry, Diva of Geneva, Russian Navy, OPI Ink, Lincoln Park After Dark

Hi Everyone!
I am a huge fan of OPI polishes and have a pretty sizable collection! I decided to put together a top 10 list for you. So let's get started!

  1. Lincoln Park After Dark
  2. Let Me Entertain You
  3. La Paz-itively Hot
  4. Meet me on the Star Ferry
  5. Do You Lilac It?
  6. OPI Ink
  7. Diva of Geneva
  8. Russian Navy
  9. Purple With a Purpose
  10. Big Apple Red
Here are the swatches of the 10 polishes. I used 2 coats of each polish and no top coat.


Thumb Nail: La Pazitively Hot
Fingers (L to R) Do You Lilac It? Purple With a Purpose, Let Me Entertain You, Big Red Apple

Thumb Nail: Meet Me On The Star Ferry
Fingers (L to R) Diva of Geneva, Russian Navy, OPI Ink, Lincoln Park After Dark

It was so hard to chose my 10 favourite OPI polishes from my beloved collection! I think that I choose which polishes to wear at any given time according to the season, my outfit, my most recent purchase or even my mood! Lincoln Park After Dark had to be given my top spot! It is my big nail polish love and I think that I am now on my third bottle. It is a very dark purple which is amazing and ideal if you want a dark colour but don't want to go with a black. I have never tried Lincoln Park at Midnight but would love to know your thoughts and opinions if you have. If I feel like wearing a dark colour but want a change from Lincoln Park After Dark I go with Russian Navy. This polish is quite diseaving in the bottle as it looks more purple than navy but it goes on to your nail as a deep inky-blue colour that is gorgeous. I am not a big fan of blue nail varish but this is amazing. I love to put a layer of OPI's Disco Ball Sparkle or Last Friday Night from the Katy Perry collection over it for that extra bit of something! OPI Ink is on the nail, what Russian Navy looks like in the bottle! It is a lovely dark shimmery purple-blue colour.
Let Me Entertain You was, by far, my favourite polish from last year's Burlesque collection and I am absolutley gutted that it is a limited edition colour. It is a stunning dark pink/ magenta shade with a jelly-like finish (If anyone knows of any close dupes please, please let me know)!
La Paz-itively Hot, Do You Lilac It? and Purple with a Purpose are my favourite bright summer colours that always cheer me up! I did once wear La Paz-itively Hot and Do You Lilac It? together (on alternating fingers) and loved it.
Big Apple Red is a classic red shade that everyone should have in their collection. This is, in my opinion, the best true red shade that I have found from any brand.
And finally I have to give Diva of Geneva and Meet me on the Star Ferry a mention. I feel that these 2 polishes are truly unique shades. Diva of Geneva from the Swiss collection is a beautiful pink-purple-red and Meet me on the Star Ferry from the Hong Kong collection is a shimmery red-purple with a gold frost. Every time I apple these polishes I fall in love with them all over again and will definitely be re-purchasing both of them.
So these are my top 10 OPI nail polishes as it stands at the moment! I am sure that this list will change over the years as new collections are released!
Maz x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...