Sunday 15 May 2011

My First Favourites Blog - May 2011

Hi,

This is my very first favourites blog where I will share my most love items with you! Now I know that favourite posts are usually posted at the end or beginning of a month for the month before but as I have only just begun to blog I thought I would share 10 of my most used products with you that I have used on a regular basis over the last couple of weeks!

So lets get started! (In no particular order)!



Urban Decay Naked Palette: Now I am sure that this palette has appeared on many favourite lists but it truely is amazing. I know that NYX, Too Faced and probably several other brands have brought out similar versions of this palette but this, I am sure, remains at the top of everyone's wish list! The colours are great and many different looks can be created from it. None of the colours are particulary 'out there' so can be used by many different people whatever your taste. I love Virgin as a inner corner and brow highlight and matte shades Naked and Buck (These are especially nice as many palettes do not include matte shades)! Overall a definate 10 out of 10 for the Naked palette from me! Well done Urban Decay!

MAC Blushcreme in Posey As an avid user of Bobbi Brown's Pot Rouge I decided to try out a MAC cream blush and Posey certainly dis not disapoint. It is your classic rosy-pink cheek shade and blends in well. I love cream blushes when in a rush as no brushes are needed (I can be so lazy)!

MAC Lipstick in Bombshell This is a stunning pink lipstick with a hint of a gold shimmer that gives plenty of colour without being 'too much' it has definately overtaken Please Me and Angel as my favourite pink lipstick from Mac.

MAC Iridescent Loose Powder in Silver Dusk I bought this powder to use as a highlighter as I have seen Kandee Johnson (One of my favourite YouTube beauty guru's) use this many times. It is a gorgeous shimmery shade that looks amazing over MAC's Pearl Cream Colour Base along the tops of the cheek bones and any other area that you wish to highlight!

Loreal True Match Foundation This was, once again, purchased after watching a Kandee Johnson video! I have used my Clinique Superfit foundation for many years but fancied a change and a cheaper alternative! I wasn't expecting this foundation to be anywhere near as good as it is! I fully admit that I was a drugstore foundation snob but this product has totally changed my mind! It is easy to apply, blends around the hair and jaw lines brilliantly and gives a beautiful coverage! Big thumbs up!

Ardell 107 Lashes Now I am a bit of a newby when it comes to false lashes but after much pressure from my best friend who is a huge fan of them I decided to give them a go and have never looked back! The Ardell 107's are fantastic and are, by far, the best I have tried. They are easy to apply and are just the right size and shape!

OPI Original Nail Envy I have wanted to try this nail treatment for so long after reading good reviews about it so I finally ordered it! I have only been using it for a couple of weeks but I must say that I am already impressesd with the results! I have very bad thumb nails that have large groves down the centre of them and peel a lot and I think the Nail Envy solution has definately helped with the overall appearance of them so far. I will post a blog dedicated to Nail Envy at a later date when I will be able to give it a thorough and fair review!

Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub Now I know that lip scrubs can be made very easily at home but I couldn't resist this little pot as it smells so good! I use this scrub every couple of days and it has really improved the texture of my lips. The hard line of skin on my lower lip has now gone and I find that this is especially good to use before wearing matte lip colours!

The Body Shop Strawberry Body Polish I love to buy Body Shop products as a treat and always stick to their coconut range but I recently decided to give another scent a go! As soon as I smelt the strawberry products I knew I had to have them! This body polish smells amazing and leaves your skin feeling so smooth. The polish leaves a subtle scent on your skin which isn't too over-bearing or sickly!

Juicy Couture - Couture Perfume Lastly I really wanted to give this perfume a mention! I am obviously not a perfume expect and certainly can't give you a run-down of the scents of the different ingredients used in this fragrance but I can tell you that it smells wonderfull and looks great on your dressing table!!!

So there you have it! My first favourite's list. I hope you have enjoyed it and that I haven't rambled on too much!

Maz xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...