Wednesday 25 May 2011

Essie French Affair Collection - Review & Swatches

(L to R) Topless and Barefoot, French Affair, Nice is Nice, Coat Azure

Essie has brought out the French Affair collection for Spring 2011. The collection consists of 6 colours and I have 4 of them. They are beautiful pastels colours which are ideal for spring and summer. I purchased the mini collection which contains the 4 polishes above. So on with the swatches!

Topless and Barefoot is a pink-nude colour, it is not the usual colour that I would buy but I really like this! It is more-or-less opaque in 2 coats. I have nothing else like this in my nail polish collection so I am considering buying this in full size.

French Affair is a lovely girlie soft pink and is my favourite of the collection. It was a little streaky and patchy after the first coat but was fully opaque after the second. I love this and will definately be getting it in the full size. (Apologises for the slopping painting)!
Nice is Nice is a dainty lavender and is, in my opinion, a softer version of OPI's Do You Lilac It? Again this was a little streaky after the first coat but opaque after the second.

Coat Azure is a sea blue and kind of the odd one out of the collection! Again this is not the usual sort of nail polish that I would buy but this is nice if you like blues. It is easy to apply and almost opaque after one coat. It has tiny little shimmers that do not show up too well in the picture!

The French Affair collection also includes 2 other polishes - Sand Tropez which is a taupe and Kisses and Bisses which is a pearly ivory. If you own either of these two polishes please comment below with your opinions of them!
You can purchase the mini set here - Essie Spring Collection 2011 4 Piece Mini Color Cube
Maz x




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...