Saturday 21 May 2011

Orly Fancy Fuchsia - Review & Swatch

Orly Precious Nail Lacquer, Fancy Fuschia, .6 fl oz
Hi Everyone
Today I applied Orly's Fancy Fuchsia to my nails for a night out on the town with my friends! I'm wearing a pretty simple black outfit tonight so I wanted statement nails and that is definitely what I got with this polish!
This is the first Orly nail polish that I have tried and I picked this out from the Precious collection.
Fancy Fuchsia is a seriously hot, almost neon, pink. It is so eye catching and perfect for summer, especially if you have a tan. I applied my usual OPI base coat and 2 coats of the polish followed by 1 coat of OPI Rapi Dry top coat. The polish was opaque after one coat but was a little patchy (probably due to my poor painting skills)! so I applied a second. The formula is quite thick but fairly easy to apply and the drying time wasn't too bad. A problem I find with thick creamy lacquer's is that it makes it very obvious if you aren't the best and neatest when it comes to applying the varnish especially around the cuticle area but I always clean up the edges by soaking q-tips in nail polish remover. Problem solved!

If I can judge Orly as a brand just from this one polish then I would say I will definitely be buying more of their products. I purchased this polish for £9.95 from http://www.tiffanynailsupply.co.uk/ which is around £1.05 cheaper than what I usually pay for my OPI polishes and the Orly bottles are slightly bigger!
You can also purchase it from Amazon here: Orly Precious Nail Lacquer, Fancy Fuschia, .6 fl oz
Overall - 4 stars out of 5 from me!

Maz x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...