Saturday 20 August 2011

Face Make-up Routine using Drugstore Products

Hi Everyone!
I thought that it would be fun to share my quick, daily face make up routine with you all. This routine uses only drugstore products and it's the make up that I usually wear on my face when I am just popping to the shops or not really doing anything special!                          

Boots No7 Mattifying Makeup Base 1.3 fl oz (40 ml)

I usually begin by applying the No 7 Shine Free Make up Base all over my face once my facial moisturiser has dried. I have combination skin and suffer with a lot of shine on my forehead and chin and this primer does do quite a good job of reducing it. This product also contains light-reflecting particles which claim to reduce the appearance of fine lines. You can purchase this product from Boots for £11 or from Amazon here: Boots No7 Mattifying Makeup Base 1.3 fl oz (40 ml)
                                                   
L'Oreal Paris True Match Super-Blendable Makeup, Buff Beige, 1-Fluid Ounce

My favourite drugstore foundation is the Loreal True Match. I find that it blends into your skin so well which makes it quick to apply, if I am in a rush I usually apply it with my fingers. It is also really affordable and easy to find in the drugstores and supermarkets. I purchased my foundation from Boots for £9.99 and you can also purchase it from Amazon here: L'Oreal Paris True Match Super-Blendable Makeup, Soft Ivory, 1-Fluid Ounce

Garnier Skin Renew Anti-Dark Circle Eye Roller, 0.50-Fluid Ounce

I have recently been trying out the Garnier Caffeine Anti-dark Circles Roll On. This is similar to their regular roll on which I have used for years. The roll on helps to distribute the fluid under your eyes and helps them to feel more awake. This version is tinted so covers and dark circles too. I usually gently roll the product under my eyes and then use my fingers to gently pat it in to my skin. You can purchase this from Boots for £9.99 or from Amazon here: Garnier Skin Renew Anti-Dark Circle Eye Roller, 0.50-Fluid Ounce

Boots No7 Perfect Light Pressed Powder, Translucent .35 fl oz (10 ml)

To set my make up I use No 7's Pressed Powder in Translucent by swirling my Kabuki brush in to the product and then buffing it into my skin. This is a pretty standard powder but sets your make up well without adding any colour. You can get it at Boots for £9 or from Amazon here: Boots No7 Perfect Light Pressed Powder, Translucent .35 fl oz (10 ml)

Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil, Hazel 002 1 ea

My brow hairs are pretty light in colour so I always like to fill them in. My favourite brow pencils are from Clarins and Smashbox but I really like Rimmel's Professional Eye Pencil which also has a brow groomer on the cap. The pencil isn't as easy and smooth to apply as the more expensive pencils but for the money its great. I usually get my pencil from Sainsburys when I am doing my grocery shopping for around £3 and you can also get it from Amazon here: Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil, Hazel 002 1 ea

L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Original Mascara, Carbon Black, 0.27-Fluid Ounce

I don't usually wear eye shadow on days when I'm not doing much but I always like to wear a coat of mascara as I always feel that it makes your eyes look more awake and open. My favourite is Loreal's Telescopic Mascara in Carbon Black which I usually get from Boots for £11.29 or from Amazon here: L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Original Mascara, Carbon Black, 0.27-Fluid Ounce


Nyx Powder Blush-angel (Pb03)

I don't usually wear blush on regular days but if I do I love NYX's blushes. They come in such a great range of colours which are really affordable. My favourites are Angel and Peach. (To read my top 5 NYX blushes post please click here). You can get them from NYX for £7.95 or from Amazon here: Nyx Powder Blush- Peach (Pbo6)
The Body Shop Coconut Lip Butter 0.29 oz

To finish off my make up I usually add my favourite lip balm which is the Coconut Lip Butter from the Body Shop. This has been one of my favourite lip products for years now and I love the white glossy look it gives your lips. I am also a huge fan of the entire coconut range and often use the body wash and butter too! You can purchase it from The Body Shop for £4 or from Amazon here: The Body Shop Coconut Lip Butter 0.29 oz
I hope that you have enjoyed my drugstore face make up routine post. Please feel free to share your favourite drugstore products with me below!
Maz x

2 comments:

  1. wow awesome :D
    sounds good xD i dont really use drug store except Falsies and the Maybelline Gel Liner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping it simple and presentable during days like that is better rather than going out with no make-up on. By the way, your choice of beauty products are superb. They are not that expensive but they do the job!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...