I have been busy, once again in the kitchen baking biscuits! These biscuits have a lovely lemon and almond flavour and contain lemon curd. Perfect with a cup of tea! Here's how to make them.
250g Butter, softened
140g Golden Caster Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
300g Plain Flour
A little Milk to seal
100g Ground Almonds
Zest of 2 Lemons
Approx 3 tbsp Lemon Curd
Pinch of Salt
1. Beat the butter, sugar, egg, vanilla, lemon zest and a pinch of salt in a large bowl until smooth.
2. Next fold in the flour and ground almonds to make a dough.
3. Shape the dough into 2 rounds, flatten them and wrap them in cling film.
4. Place the dough in the fridge for at least 30 minutes until firm.
5. Pre heat the oven to 190C/ Gas Mark 5 and line 2 baking trays/ sheets with non stick paper.
6. Roll out half of the dough on a floured surface to the thickness of a £1 coin and stamp out rounds with a 7cm cutter.
7. Brush each round all over with milk and spoon blobs of lemon curd on the centre of each round.
8. Now roll out the remaining dough in the same way and place a round on top of each round that has lemon curd on it and press down gently to seal the edges.
9. Sprinkle golden caster sugar and flaked almonds on top of each one.
10. Bake for 15 minutes until light golden in colour.
This recipe makes around 20 biscuits.
I really enjoyed making these biscuits and the are so tasty but the dough is a sticky nightmare to roll out! I would advise making sure that you have plenty of flour on your work surface and rolling pin when rolling them out. Enjoy!
I got this recipe from the BBC Good Food website.