I decided to have a go at making biscuits today. I found a recipe that I liked but made large versions of the biscuits so that they are more like the size of a cookie.
140g Caster Sugar
2 Egg Yolks
225g Self Raising Flour
30g Cocoa Powder
Squares of Milk, Dark or White Chocolate
1. Grease or line a large baking sheet.
2. Cream the butter and sugar together and then beat in the egg yolks.
3. Next sift in the flour and cocoa powder and make a dough.
4. Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and kneed it. Then put it into the fridge for around an hour.
5. Pre heat the oven to 190C/ 375F/ Gas Mark 5
6. Place the dough onto the floured surface again and roll it out thinly. Cut out circles using 2 cutters, one being slightly larger than the other. Cut out the same amount of small circles as you do large.
7. Place the smaller circles onto your baking sheet and place a square of chocolate onto the middle of each one.
8. Place a larger circle onto the top of each one and gently press down to seal the edges.
9. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
I really like these chunky, rustic looking biscuits and it's totally up to you about how large you make them. I found the recipe on Jamie Oliver's website.