Today I decided to make a slightly more unusual cake. This is a white chocolate, cranberry and coconut loaf cake. They are 3 of my favourite ingredients when baking so I was thrilled when I came across this recipe. It is super easy to make and looks very impressive. It is an ideal cake to have a slice of with a cup of tea in the afternoon. Here's how to make it.
375g Plain Flour
2 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
1/2 tsp Salt
200g Caster Sugar
225ml Vegetable Oil
3 Large Eggs, beaten
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
175g White Chocolate, roughly chopped
4 tbsp Desiccated Coconut plus extra for sprinkling
150g Dried Cranberries
1. Pre heat oven to 180C/ Gas Mark 4 and great a loaf tin.
2. Mix the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt and sugar together in a large bowl.
3. Add the oil, eggs, vanilla, chocolate, cranberries and coconut to the bowl and fold together until there are no signs of flour left.
4. Pour the mixture into the tin and level off slightly then sprinkle some of the dessicated coconut over the top.
5. Place into the oven and bake for around 1 hour and 10 minutes.
6. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin for approximately 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool thoroughly.
As you can see this cake it so easy to make, it just taking a little measuring out of the ingredients and 2 simple steps. You can't go wrong! I found this recipe on the All Recipes website.