Tuesday 16 August 2011

Maz's Ginger & Chocolate Cookies

Hi Everyone!
I have been in baking mode once again and this week I put a recipe together myself. As regular readers of my blog will know I love the taste and smell of ginger, and cookies are my favourite things to make so I put  a ginger cookie recipe together and then added some chocolate chips in at the end to add a little bit of extra sweetness. Here are the ingredients and method!

INGREDIENTS
6oz Self Raising Flour
4oz Soft Brown Sugar
1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
1 Heaped tsp Ground Ginger
2oz Butter
1 Generous tbsp Golden Syrup
1 Beaten Egg
A Handful of Milk Chocolate Chips

METHOD
1. Pre heat the oven to 180C/ 350F/ Gas Mark 4 and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
2. Place the flour, sugar, bicarbonate of soda and ground ginger into a large bowl and mix together.
3. Next add the butter and golden syrup to the mixture and mix well.
4. Now add the beaten egg and mix all of the ingredients together until a smooth, tough dough has formed.
5. Stir in the chocolate chips.
6. Divide the mixture into 6 balls for 6 cookies or make 12 balls for smaller cookies and roll them together in your hands.
7. Place the balls onto the baking tray(s) leaving a gap around each one.
8. Bake in the oven for 15 - 20 minutes then remove and leave to cool on the tray for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool thoroughly.

These cookies are gorgeous even if I do say so myself! The ginger is just fiery enough and the cookies are chewy and soft. Give them a go!
Maz x

1 comment:

  1. OMG gimme cookies!!! <3

    they look so good! meanie...i so want them hehe

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...