Wednesday 31 August 2011

Ginger Loaf Cake


Hi Everyone!
My Grandma asked me to make her and my grandad a ginger loaf cake so here it is! This cake was so quick and easy to make and I almost feel like a cheater for making it! All it takes is some measuring and mixing!

INGREDIENTS
2 Eggs
250g Plain Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
2 Dessertspoons of Ground Ginger
90g Brown Sugar
2 tsp Golden Syrup
90g Butter or Margarine, softened
Pinch of Salt

METHOD
1. Pre heat oven to 180C/ Gas Mark 4 and line or grease a loaf tin.
2. Put all of the ingredients into a large bowl and mix until the butter/ margarine soft place into the loaf tin.
3. Bake for around 45 minutes until the cake is springy to touch.
4. Allow the cake to cool in the tin before turning out.
So there you go, one delicious ginger loaf cake that is so simple to make yet impressive to look at! I don't think that I'll be telling my friends and family how little effort it took to produce!
Maz x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...