Saturday 10 September 2011

OPI Original Nail Envy Review

OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener - Original

Hi Everyone!
I have been using OPI's Original Nail Envy for around 6 months now and I am really impressed with the results. OPI claim that it contains 'hydrolyzed protein and calcium to help nails grow longer, harder, stronger and resist peeling cracking and splitting' and for the most part this appears to be true. I have quite weak and brittle nails and was recommended by a friend of my mum's to add a zinc supplement to my diet to improve my nail strength which I thought definitely worked, however, I continued to have problems with my pointer fingers which love to peel and crack which is a nightmare when you are a big nail polish fan like myself. I had watched the OPI program on QVC several times and listened to the presenters go on and on about how good Nail Envy is so I thought I'd give it a go!
In order to get the full benefits of the product it is recommended that you apply 2 coats to clean nails on day 1 then apply 1 coat every other day for 1 week then remove the product. You can also use it as a base coat, which I have and it works really well. When wearing Nail Envy alone it gives you a lovely shine to your nails and there is also a matte version available if you prefer.
So after around 6 months of regular use what is my conclusion? Well my nails are definitely stronger and do not break as much if at all, but my problem nails do still peel but not quite as much as they did. I love that it also doubles up as a base coat too. The biggest negative point is the price (around £18-19 in the UK) which is very expensive, however QVC regularly have OPI sets which include Nail Envy available which make it better value for money. I would say that it is worth a try if you have really bad nails.
I purchased my bottle from ASOS and you can also get it from Amazon here: OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener - Original
Maz x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...