I love lemon and white chocolate and have been looking for recipes combining both of these ingredients for a while now, I came across this recipe for cookies recently so thought I'd give it a go!
110g Unsalted Butter
100g Caster Sugar
55g Soft Brown Sugar
Pinch of Salt
Zest of 1 Lemon
1 tsp Lemon Extract
1 Large Egg, beaten
170g Plain Flour
1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
200g White Chocolate, cut into chunks
1. Pre heat oven to 190C and line a baking tray or sheet with baking paper.
2. Cream the butter, caster sugar, brown sugar and salt together until fluffy.
3. Beat in the lemon zest and extract.
4. Beat in the egg until well combined.
5. Now sift the flour and bicarbonate of soda into the creamy mixture and mix until just combined.
6. Next add the chocolate chunks and mix until well combined.
7. Drop well spaced, heaped teaspoonfuls of the dough onto the tray/ sheets and bake for 7-8 minutes until the cookies are golden in colour and starting to brown around the edges.
8. Remove from the oven and allow them to cool on the tray for 1 minute before transferring them to a wire rack to cool fully.
This recipe makes up to 25 cookies depending on how big you want them to be.
This is such a tasty recipe and the cookies have just the right amount of lemon flavouring and are nice and light. I found this recipe on the following website: A Spoonful of Sugar