Tuesday 13 September 2011

Chanel Peridot Nail Polish - Review & Swatch


Hi Everyone!
Today I applied Chanel Peridot nail polish to my nails which is one of the 3 limited edition polishes from the Fall 2011 Collection, Illusions d'Ombres de Chanel. This polish already seems to have built up quite a following and has already sold out on many UK websites but I managed to pick it from House of Fraser store in Manchester city centre last week. Peridot is a really unusual colour, I would describe it as gold and olive green duo chrome. I took another couple of photos of the bottle for you so that you can appreciate how the colour changes depending on how the light hits it.


Firstly I applied 2 coats of OPI Original Nail Envy as my base followed by 2 coats of Peridot. The lacquer is really easy and smooth to apply and the consistency is perfect, not too runny and not too thick but it does streak quite easily so you have to take your time to avoid that. The polish is fully opaque after 1 coat which I love, but as always I applied 2. I then finished by applying 1 coat of Seche Vite Fast Drying Top Coat.


As you can see this polish looks amazing and is so unusual and eye catching. The colour alters from a gorgeous gold to a rich olive colour depending on how the light is hitting it. The polish has a stunning metallic finish which is right on trend for Fall/ Autumn 2011. This polish is really, really expensive so I would say that you definitely need to be in love with the colour to warrant paying such a high price, but if you love Chanel polishes then go for it as a treat! Why not? However, I have a feeling that if this polish sells well and quickly, which it seems to be, other, more affordable brands will soon bring out more purse friendly alternatives!
I purchased my bottle from House of Fraser for £17.50.
Maz x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...