Friday 29 July 2011

Make Up Forever HD Foundation

MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Invisible Cover Foundation 115 Ivory

Hi Everyone!
I have heard so much hype surrounding the Make Up Forever HD Invisible Cover Foundation and I have been wondering whether to try it or not for ages now! I live in the UK and Make Up Forever is not that well known or readily available over here but there a 2 stores in London which both provide a mail order service. I don't live anywhere near to London (don't get me started on the cost of train tickets to London!) and I am always reluctant to order things like foundation over the internet, as you obviously are unable to check out the colours accurately. So even though I have been desperate to try out this foundation I have been putting it off for that reason. I recently tried the Smashbox HD Foundation which I though was good but not that much better than my favourite Loreal True Match Foundation! So I did a little bit of research via Google and YouTube and found that most people who use MAC NW20 foundation's go for MUFE shade 118 (Flesh - Light skin, beige tone) so that's what I went for!
Firstly I have to say that the bottle itself was slightly bigger than I expected! It has a pump top and I have been using around 2 pumps per application. The liquid has a really nice consistency, not too runny or thick which I really like. I have tried applying the product with my fingers and the Sigma F60 brush and I have found that it applies amazingly well using either method. It blends into your skin effortlessly and leaves no horrible line around the edges of your face, it also blends down your neck really well too.
MUFE claim that the foundation gives you an 'invisible coverage' and I wasn't really sure what that meant but after just one day of wearing this foundation I totally understand what they mean! You feel that you have no product on your skin, it feels weightless. I have also found that when you scratch your face you don't get any of that globby build up under your nails as you do with regular foundations! I am very lucky not to have any wrinkles on my face (yet!) but I do have some under eye lines which the foundation has greatly reduced. My skin looks much clearer, smoother and more even when wearing it which is fantastic.
There seems to be a big attraction to HD foundations at the moment and more and more are coming onto the market all of the time and I think they are great as they make your skin look so much better in photographs. A few years ago we were only really photographed at weddings and other special occasions but now we all have decent, high pixel cameras on our mobile phones we seem to have our pictures taken all of the time! I have seen so many photos of myself on a night out added to Facebook by my friends where my skin looks so shiny which I hate! This is because average foundations are made up of flat pigments which bounce the light straight off your face and back towards the camera resulting in a shiny face but the MUFE HD foundation is made up of round pigments which disperse the light giving you a much more flattering, matter look on camera! Big thumbs up for this!
Overall, this foundation is quite expensive and the biggest negative for those of us who live in the UK is it's lack of availability. However Guru Makeup Emporium do offer a colour sample service for a small charge so contact them via the link below for more information. I think that this is the best foundation I have ever tried by far and I will definitely be repurchasing. I will also try out the MUFE Matte Velvet + soon too so check back for that.
I purchased my foundation from Guru Makeup Emporium for £28.95 and you can also buy it from Amazon here: MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Invisible Cover Foundation 115 Ivory
Maz x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...