I've been baking once again! Cookies are my favourite things to make and this week I've made some double chocolate ones! They are so quick and easy to make and taste gorgeous. I got this recipe from an old cookbook belonging to my mum which I adapted slightly.
125g (4oz) White Chocolate
125g (4oz) Plain Dark Chocolate
125g (4oz) Unsalted Butter
125g (4oz) Caster Sugar
5ml (1tsp) Vanilla Essence
125g (4oz) Porridge Oats
150g (5oz) Plain White Flour
2.5ml (1/2 tsp) Baking Powder
1. Pre heat the oven to 180C/ 350F/ Gas Mark 4 and grease or line 2 baking trays.
2. Cream the butter and sugar together in a large bowl until pale and fluffy.
3. Next add the egg, vanilla essence and porridge oats to the mixture and stir.
4. Sift the flour and baking powder into the bowl and stir until all of the ingredients are well mixed together
5. Chop the white and dark chocolate into chunks, no larger than 1cm and then stir the chunks into the mixture.
6. Now put roughly 1 dessert spoonful of the mixture onto the trays and flatten each one slightly with your hand. Make sure that they are well spaced out. The recipe should make between 12 and 16 cookies depending on how big you want them to be.
7. Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes. Remove them from the oven and allow them to cool on the baking trays for around 5 minutes before transferring them to wire racks to cool fully.
And there you go! 12 gorgeous double chocolate cookies! This is a great recipe to make with children or if you just want a quick recipe. The measurements are really easy to remember too!
Let me know if you try them.