Wednesday 29 February 2012

Chanel Fauve Eyeshadow - Review & Swatch


Hi Everyone!
I decided to treat myself to a luxury eyeshadow this week and went for Chanel's Ombre Essentielle Soft Touch Eyeshadow in Fauve which was recommended by Tiffany D in one of her recent YouTube videos. Fauve is a beautiful taupe colour with a hint of purple and some beautiful shimmer. I have brown eyes and this looks beautiful.



As you would expect with a Chanel eyeshadow it is really good quality. The powder has a silky smooth texture and applies really nicely and evenly. The shadow is beautifully pigmented and looks exactly the same colour on you eye as it does in the pot. The colour is pretty unique, it is similar to MAC's Satin Taupe but is slightly more purple and contains more shimmer. I have used it a couple of times as an all over lid colour and found no problems with creasing or fading.

Swatch shown on NW20 skin:


To conclude, this is a truly stunning product. Is it worth the high price tag? Well no probably not! It is really good quality but £21 is a lot of money to pay for one eyeshadow, saying that, I love the colour so I don't regret buying it and I don't think you would either! Sometimes it's nice to splash out and treat yourself and this is an ideal product to do that with!

I hope that you have enjoyed this post, please feel free to recommend any other Chanel products is the comments section below.
I purchased my eyeshadow from House of Fraser for £21
Maz x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...