Monday 13 February 2012

Cherry & Oat Biscuits


Hi Everyone!
It's been quite a while since I last did a bit of baking so I thought that I'd break myself back in gently by baking some simple biscuits! I love cherries and oats together so I picked this biscuit recipe! Here's how I made them:

INGREDIENTS:
3oz/ 75g Plain Flour
1/4 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
2oz/ 50g Glace Cherries, chopped
65g Caster Sugar
3oz/ 75g Rolled Oats
4oz/ 112g Butter
1 tbsp Golden Syrup
1 tbsp Milk

METHOD:
1. Pre heat oven to 150C/ 300F/ Gas Mark 2 and line a baking tray/ sheet.
2. Sift the flour and bicarbonate of soda together into a mixing bowl.
3. Add the cherries, sugar and oats and mix thoroughly.
4. Put the butter and syrup in a small saucepan and heat until the butter has melted. Stir in the milk and remove from the heat.
5. Pour the butter mix into the flour mixture and mix thoroughly.
6. Place the mixture into the fridge for around 5 minutes.
7. Divide the mixture into 12 balls and place onto the baking tray, pressing down slightly.
8. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
9. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the baking tray for around 5 minutes before transferring them to wire racks to cool thoroughly.

This biscuits are delicious! They are crunchy on the outside and soft in the middle plus they are quick and easy to make too!

I found this recipe on Cook it Simply
Maz x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...