I fancied doing some baking today but wanted something pretty quick and straight forward to make so I chose to make chocolate chip shortbread biscuits. I haven't made shortbread in a long time but this recipe is great and is definitely one I'd use again!
The recipe makes around 12-18 biscuits depending on how big you make them!
225g Plain Flour
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Salt
225g Unsalted Butter
100g Caster Sugar
125g Chocolate Chips
60g Chopped Walnuts
1. Pre heat oven to 150C/ Gas Mark 2 and line 2 baking trays with non stick paper.
2. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together in a bowl and set aside.
3. Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy and then gradually add the flour mix.
4. Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts.
5. Form walnut sized balls of the mixture and place them onto the baking trays and press down slightly. Make sure to leave a gap around each one.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes until light golden brown in colour.
7. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the trays for around 5 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool thoroughly.
These biscuits are great! They are really rich and buttery just how a shortbread biscuit should be! Give them a go!
I found this recipe on All Recipes