OK this baking thing is become more of an obsession than a hobby at the moment! Cookies are probably my favorite things to make and this week I have made Coconut and cherry ones. I adapted a recipe from an ancient cookbook that my mum owns to make these!
125g (4oz) Butter
75g (3oz) Caster Sugar
150g (5oz) Plain Flour
Pinch of Salt
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
50g (2oz) Desiccated Coconut
125g (4oz) Glace Cherries - Rinsed, Dried and Chopped
1. Pre heat the oven to 190C/ 375F/ Gas Mark 5 and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
2. Beat the sugar and butter together in a bowl then add the egg and continue to mix.
3. Sift the flour, salt and baking powder together and fold into the wet ingredients.
4. Stir in the coconut and cherries.
5. Place large spoon fulls of the cookie dough onto the baking tray leaving space around each cookie.
6. Bake in the oven for approximately 15 minutes then remove from the oven and leave the cookies to cool on the tray before transferring them to a wire rack to cool fully.
I really hope some of you give the cookies a go as they really are delicious and quick and easy to make.