As you can see I have continued with my baking kick and this week I decided to make Chocolate chip cookies! I have never made cookies before and I really enjoyed it! They turned out much bigger than I was expecting but that's no bad thing! They taste great and are soft and chewy in the middle and crunchy on the outside - just like a good cookie should be!Have a try!
250g Plain Flour
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Teaspoon Bicarbonate of Soda
170g Unsalted Butter, melted
200g Dark Brown Soft Sugar
100g Caster Sugar
1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
1 Egg Yolk
325g Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat the oven to 170C/ Gas Mark 3
2. Grease baking trays or line them with baking paper.
3. Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt together in a bowl and set aside.
4. Cream the melted butter, brown sugar and caster sugar together.
5. Then beat in the vanilla, egg and egg yolk together until light and creamy.
6. Next mix in the sifted ingredients.
7. Now stir in the chocolate chips using a wooden spoon.
8. Drop the cookie dough onto the baking trays. Each cookie should be between 2 and 4 tablespoons of dough each. Do not flatten the cookies and make sure that there is a large gap around each cookie.
9. Bake for 15-17 minutes, adjusting the times according to the size of the cookie.
10. Remove the cookies from the oven and place them on wire wracks to cool.
I found this recipe on All Recipes