Monday 18 July 2016

Top 10 Series: Lip Products

 
 
Hi everyone!
 
Welcome to the second post in my top 10 series. Today I am going to share my current favourite lip products with you. As someone who loves lipstick and has way too many, it was really hard to chose only 10!

As you can see from the swatches below, I really like my mauve tones! I seem to go through phases of pinks, reds and now the mauves and nudes which are very on trend at the moment! I don't really have a favourite finish, I like gloss and matte and it's what takes my fancy of the day really! MAC do some great matte finishes which are comfortable to wear. I have included a few liquid lipsticks below and the Dose of Colors ones are among the best in my opinion.

So onto the swatches...
 
 (L to R) Angel Food Cake, Mehr, 07, Nudist, Ibiza Nights, Lolita, Lumiere, Stone, Glace, Finally Free

NYX Butter Gloss in Angel Food Cake: The NYX Butter Glosses are amazing! This one is a highly pigmented mauve- brown shade.

MAC Lipstick in Mehr (Matte): MAC's matte lipsticks are amazing and really comfortable to wear. Mehr is described as a 'dirty blue- pink'.

Clarins Instant Light Lip Perfector in 07: This is a suitable shade that gives you hydrated lips with a glossy finish. 07 is described as a 'toffee- pink shimmer'.

Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Gloss Stick in Nudist: I love the S & G Gloss sticks, they are so easy and comfortable to wear. This one is a beautiful peachy nude shade.

Charlotte Tilbury Lip Lustre in Ibiza Nights: I love to layer this gloss over lipsticks to give a gorgeous finish. Ibiza Nights has a sheer beige base with gold and copper shimmer.

Kat von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Lolita: This is a bit of a cult product and I jumped straight onto the bandwagon! Lolita is described as terracotta nude' and it is gorgeous! This kind of colour is so on trend at the moment! I am so pleased that Kat von D products will be available here in the UK in September too!

Colourpop Lippie Stix in Lumiere: Colourpop is a really great brand and I especially love their Lippie Stix. I am a big fan of Kathleen Lights on YouTube and Lumeiere is a collaboration with her. It is a matte dusty mauve shade. It's very pigmented, comfortable to wear and easy to apply.

Dose of Colours Matte in Stone: The Dose of Colors liquid lipsticks are my favourites. They aren't too drying and the colours are gorgeous! I have quite a few but Stone which is a cool- toned dusty rose shade, is my favourite.

Bite Beauty Matte Cream Lip Crayon in Glace: I received this item as a 100 point perk from Sephora and it's the first Bite Beauty product that I've tried. It's a dusty mauve shade with a matte finish. I really like the pointed tip that this crayon has which makes application much easier.

MAC Lipstick in Finally Free (Cremesheen): This is my most recent MAC lipstick purchase and I really love it! It's described as a 'mid tone rosey nude' and would flatter many skin tones! Also the full RRP less VAT will benefit the transgender community in the UK which is a great reason to buy!

What are your favourite lip products at the moment? Please share them with me in the comments section below.

Maz x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...