Wednesday 13 July 2016

Top 10 Series: Drugstore/ High-street Makeup


Hi everyone!
 
I have decided to start a fun, new, top 10 series! I will select a category and discuss my top 10 products within that category for you! Today we have my favourite picks from high-street/ drugstore make up! These are the top 10 products  that really stand out to me for their amazing quality and, of course, affordable price! It was really tough to narrow it down to only 10!
First up has to be my beloved L'Oréal True Match Foundation. This has to be my holy grail foundation! I've tried lots of foundation from various brands and always seem to come back to this one! It applies and lasts well with just the right amount of coverage. I really can't say enough good things about this foundation and I know that my mum loves it too! Next up is the Maybelline Eraser Eye Concealer. This has a light and easy to blend formula and works well under the eyes as well as to conceal any blemishes, it has slightly less coverage than some other concealers which helps it not to get too cakey. Another holy grail product for me is the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder. I have purchased several of these and have recommended it to friends and family. I really don't think that you can beat it for the price.

Other favourite face products include the Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso. This is the only blush that I have tried from this brand after hearing Jaclyn Hill talk about it on YouTube! It's a beautiful, wearable colour and excellent value. Another great buy is the Sleek Contour Kit which comes in 3 shades and is great. The powder's aren't too pigmented but blend well which is exactly what you want from a contour kit.

Next up we have eye products. As far as eyeshadows go I unfortunately, don't feel that the drugstore can compete with higher end brands other than Morphe Shadows. They are excellent quality and very affordable. They have a wide range of colours and come in singles and larger palettes. You can see my post of Morphe shadows here I am also a fan of the Maybelline Color Tattoo Cream Eyeshadows. They are very similar to MAC Paint Pots and are a fraction of the price. Onto mascaras now and my favourite are from L'Oréal. In particular I really like the Voluminous and Miss Manga Mascaras. I think high- street mascaras are amazing and rarely pay the extra price for a high end one!

Finally we have lip products and some of my favourites are the Soap and Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Gloss Sticks especially in the colours Plum Jam and Nudest. Both of these shades are gorgeous! They smell amazing and give a lovely hint of colour without being too sticky. My final lip product is the Revlon Colourburst Lip Butters. I have a lot of these and love them! They come in a huge range of colours and give you a lovely wash of colour whilst hydrating your lips!

Most of the products mentioned above can be purchased from Boots or Superdrug

What are your favourite drugstore picks? Do you have any suggestions for my top 10 series? If so please them in the comments section below!

Maz x
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...