Wednesday 5 October 2011

Smashbox Brow Tech To Go - Review & Swatch

Waterproof Brow Pencil
Hi Everyone!
I recently purchased the Smashbox Brow Tech to Go in the colour Taupe which is described as a portable version of their popular Brow Tech. The product consists of a waterproof pencil at one end and a gel with a brush applicator at the other which contains vitamins C and E plus Jojoba.

 
Gel with brush applicator

To apply the product I began by brushing my eyebrows using a spoole brush. I then twisted the pencil side of the product upwards and penciled in my brows using short, soft stokes. The pencil is quite creamy and applies well. The colour Taupe is also ideal for my brows as I have a fair skin tone and medium-dark brown hair. I then brushed some of the gel through my brows to keep them in place throughout the day. 
Swatch shown on NW20 skin-

Overall I felt that the product was really easy to use and I like its compact size. Despite being a pencil I didn't feel like it produced any harsh lines resulting in unnatural looking brows, it is also much quicker to use than a powder and an angled brush. I also really liked that you have the gel at the other end which saves time looking for another product. Another great advantage to the product is that the pencil is a twist up pencil so there is no need to sharpen it, it is also angled really nicely to make application easier. I would give this product 4 stars out of 5.
I purchased my Brow Tech from Debenhams for £22.50 and you can also purchase it from Amazon here: Smashbox Brow Tech To Go Taupe
Maz x

2 comments:

  1. This is a nice colour! Love pencils like this :) Great review ^^

    http://daphyin-makeupisart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi the colour looks nice but is it really waterproof? Also waterproof when you apply it on the skin (in the area where normal people have their brows. because I have almost no brows) :)? thank you. greetings from turkey

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...