Friday, 4 May 2012

MAC Salute! Lipstick - Review & Swatch

Hi Everyone!
MAC has just released it's Hey Sailor! collection here in the UK and I picked up one of the 4 lipsticks in the colour Salute! which is described as  "neutral peach" and has an amplified finish.

Hey Sailor! packaging

Firstly I have to say that I love the nautical packaging on this collection! The lipstick tube has a really nice glossy finish as opposed to the usual MAC lipstick packaging.


As you can see from the picture above this is quite an orangey toned neutral colour. The lipstick is very pigmented as with all of MAC's Amplified finishes. I have found that the lipstick looks better if I use my finger to blend it in. It also looks great with a golden lipgloss over the top such as Stila's Kitten.

I have a few peachy nude lipsticks in my collection so here are some swatches for comparison:

(L to R) MAC Salute! Sleek Barely There, MAC Ravishing, MAC Shy Girl, Revlon Peach Parfait

You can purchase the new Hey Sailor! collection from MAC for £14
Please let me know in the comments section below if you have purchased anything from the collection and what you think of it!
Maz x


  1. would salute look good on nc35 skin tone?

    1. Yes I think the lipstick would work great on most skin tones!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...