Monday 7 May 2012

Beauty Awards 2012

Hi Everyone!
Last year I was inspired to write a post about my favourite beauty products after reading the Sunday Times Beauty Awards. The Times have once again announced their winners in their 06 May issue so it is time for mine again (as with last year I have added a few categories of my own!)

So without further a do...

BEST FOUNDATION:

Sunday Times 2012 Winner: Clinque Repairwear Laser Focus All Smooth Makeup

My 2011 Winner: L'Oreal True Match

My 2012 Winner: L'Oreal True Match - I have to go with True Match for the second year in a row! I have tried several other foundations this year but always end up coming back to this!
My 2012 Runner Up: Make-up Forever HD

BEST CONCEALER:

My 2011 Winner: Bobbi Brown Corrector and Concealer.

My 2012 Winner: Bobbi Brown Corrector and Concealer - Once again, no change from last year! I love this product!
My 2012 Runner Up: Smashbox HD Liquid Concealer

BEST POWDER:

My 2011 Winner: MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural

My 2012 Winner: MAC Blot Powder - I tried this powder out for the first time this year and it works amazingly well on any oily areas of my skin.
My 2012 Runner Up: MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural

BEST BLUSH:

My 2011 Winner: MAC

My 2012 Winner: MAC - I can't see MAC ever being moved from this category in my opinion! Their choice of colours and finishes are far and away better than any one elses!
My 2012 Runner Up: Benefit

BEST MASCARA:

Sunday Times 2012 Winner: Max Factor False Lash Effect

My 2011 Winner: L'Oreal Telescopic

My 2012 Winner: Benefit Their Real! - even though this is a very expensive mascara it does a really good job, the formula is great and the wand shape is brilliant!
My 2012 Runner Up: L'Oreal Telescopic

BEST LIPSTICK:

Sunday Times 2012 Winner: Chanel Rouge Coco Shine

My 2011 Winner: MAC

My 2012 Winner: MAC - This is another category where MAC wins every time, hands down for me!
My 2012 Runner Up: Revlon (for their lip butters!)

BEST EYESHADOW:

My 2011 Winner: MAC

My 2012 Winner: MAC - For their amazing colour choices!
My 2012 Runner Up: Inglot - This was a tough one for me between Inglot and Urban Decay but the incredible colour pay-off and value for money just swung it in Inglot's favour!

BEST MOISTURISER:

Sunday Times 2012 Winner: Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Gel

My 2011 Winner: Olay Double Action Nourishing and Regenerating Night Cream

My 2012 Winner: Olay Double Action Nourishing and Regenerating Night Cream - I still haven't found a cream that I like more than this and have repurchased time and time again!
My 2012 Runner Up: E45

BEST CLEANSER:

Sunday Times 2012 Winner: Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser

My 2011 Winner: Johnson and Johnson Clean and Clear Exfoliating Daily Wash

My 2012 Winner: St Ives Apricot Scrub
My 2012 Runner Up: Superdrug Tea Tree Facial Wash

BEST SKINCARE BRAND:

Sunday Times 2012 Winner: Clinique

My 2011 Winner: Johnson and Johnson

My 2012 Winner: Kiehl's - I have always loved their hand cream but also tried one of their eye creams this year and loved that too!
My 2012 Runner Up: E45

BEST BODY PRODUCT:

Sunday Times 2012 Winner: Palmer's Cocoa Butter Lotion

My 2011 Winner: E45

My 2012 Winner: E45 - For the second year running, I couldn't live without this lotion!
My 2012 Runner Up: Body Shop Body Butters

BEST BATH PRODUCT:

My 2011 Winner: Lush Bubble Bars

My 2012 Winner: Lush Bubble Bars - To be honest, I have not tried too many new bath products over the last year but I always have a stash of these in!

BEST LIP CARE:

My 2011 Winner: Vaseline Lip Therapy

My 2012 Winner: EOS Lip Balm
My 2012 Runner Up: Vaseline Lip Therapy

BEST NAIL POLISH:

Sunday Times 2012 Winner: Nails Inc

My 2011 Winner: OPI

My 2012 Winner: OPI - This is a very close category for me this year but I have to stick with OPI for their amazing colour choice and collections!
My 2012 Runner Up: China Glaze - This was a close call between China Glaze and Essie but I think CG just has the edge this year!

BEST CLASSIC WOMAN'S FRAGRANCE:

Sunday Times 2012 Winner: Chanel No 5

My 2011 Winner: Chanel No 5

My 2012 Winner: Chanel Chance - I think we can probably now call this a classic! It's once of those fragrances that I go back to time and time again and can never be without!
My 2012 Runner Up: Chanel No 5

BEST WOMAN'S FRAGRANCE:

Sunday Times 2012 Winner: Miss Dior

My 2011 Winner: Vera Wang Princess

My 2012 Winner: Vera Wang Preppy Princess - A gorgeous, lighter version of the original!
My 2012 Runner Up: Vera Wang Lovestruck

You can read my 2011 Beauty Awards post by clicking here
Click here to read the Sunday Times article.

I hope that you have enjoyed reading about my favourite products, please feel free to share yours in the comments section below!
Maz x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...