Thursday 8 December 2011

How to Paint the Ends of Your Make-up Brushes


Hi Everyone!
I thought that I would put a quick post together for you on how to paint the ends of your make up brushes. I am sure that many of you have seen the beauty guru's on YouTube with coloured ends to their brushes and it is such a great idea. I have quite a large selection of brushes, some are for my own personal use and some are for use on other people/ clients. Painting the ends of them is a great way of identifying which ones are which so that you can't get them all mixed up! You could also paint your brushes a certain colour for each different brand or one colour for face brushes and another colour for eye brushes and  if you are just painting them for fun you could do all different colours! I also think that it makes cheaper brushes look more expensive!

You will need:
Your make up brushes
Tape
Nail Varnish
Top Coat

Method:
1. First take your brushes and tape off a section at the bottom of each brush.
2. Now choose your favourite nail polish and paint the ends of the brushes, they will probably need 2 coats of polish each. If, like me, you have a lot of brushes you may want to use a drugstore nail varnish rather than a high end, more expensive one as you will find that you use up quite a lot of varnish!
3. This step is optional but I added a top coat to my brushes in order to try and reduce the chances of the polish wearing off.
4. Now leave the brushes to dry for at least and hour with their painted ends hanging over the edge of your table.
5. Once you are certain that they are dry, carefully peel off your tape.

I hope that you found this tutorial helpful! Have fun!
Maz x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...